- For the advice advocate: There are now two new blog feeds available to you in your dashboard! Diversify and freshen up your content by navigating to Publish > Blog in your dashboard, then selecting the External Blogs dropdown to access and publish posts from our two new content partners, The Campus Career Coach and Hospital Recruiting. This is also where you'll find content from Idealist, WayUp, and The Muse!
- And speaking of blogs, for the post picker: You can now choose how many blog posts will appear on your Community pages. Just reach out to support@gouconnect if you want to adjust the default number of 5 posts.
- For the mentor maven: So excited to announce that we've built a technical integration with alumni engagement and mentoring tool Firsthand!
The integration automatically pulls mentor profiles directly from Firsthand to your uConnect dashboard, where you can tag, publish, and ultimately lead more students back to Firsthand to connect with mentors. If you'd like to learn more about the integration, just enter your email below and we'll get in touch shortly!
- For the CTA customizer: You can now choose what the Call To Action buttons on your People and Featured User widgets will say. If you'd like to edit your CTAs, let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For the employer evangelist: If you'd like, you can now display employers with no active jobs in your employer widget. Just contact email@example.com to make that update.
- On the topic of employers, for the creative categorizer: you can now add a header image on employer Category pages! If you're not sure what a Category page is, give this a read. If you want to create an employer Category page with a header image, navigate to Manage > Content Categories > Employer Categories in your dashboard. Then hover over the employer Category you'd like to make a page for, and select Edit. From there, you'll be able to add a header image and description to the Category page, which will automatically pull in all employers tagged to that employer Category. If you want the page added to your main navigation, just send the request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For the filtering fanatic: We added more filtering options so you can choose which Resource categories display on the front page of your platform, or on your main Resources page. We also added the option to add Class Category filters to your Classes widget. If you want to set any of this up, or have clarifying questions, you know where to find us.
🐛We fixed the URL slug for People posts that were not being set properly (they now uses the person's name instead of an ID number or the word 'draft').
🐛Due to new restrictions set by Instagram, we regret to report that Instagram posts can no longer display on the social wall. We will be continuing to monitor developments in Instagram's restrictions in the hopes that we may be able to reinstate this tool in the future.
If you have questions about any of these updates (or anything else!), hit us up at email@example.com.
And in case you missed these important updates we shared last month...
Did you know?
uConnect Academy Training is available 24/7! Simply click on the orange graduation cap in the admin dashboard bar and use your login credentials to access our unique training modules guaranteed to get you thinking about how you can better engage students with your unique resources!