🌷May 2020: Get inspired by some awesome video libraries (and build your own!), learn all about updating Communities to revamp your tagging structure and preference options for automated alerts, tons of new how-to articles, and more!
This month, we're highlighting a few of our amazing partners, who have already put the new video content type to great use!
Just in case you missed it, last month we announced the release of a big update to video content on uConnect! It's live and ready to use.
With the video update, you now have:
- The ability to categorize and tag your videos to relevant communities so that they can be dynamically pulled into front-end widgets
- An automatically generated video library that compiles all published videos into one easily managed page
- A 'hero section' that allows you to highlight important videos above your regular library
- Automatic support of videos from Youtube, Vimeo, Wistia, and Candid Careers
We're so impressed by the ways many of you are already using the new video content. Here are just a few examples to check out for inspiration:
If you're ready to add videos to your own uConnect platform, check out the how-to articles below, and/or enter your email address in the form below and a member of our support team will get in touch to help!
Set up new Communities and update their properties to revamp your tagging structure and preference options for automated alerts!
Your preference options for automated alerts and tagging structure in the backend are directly reflective of the Communities added to your platform, as well as their properties set. When an admin adds a new Community under Manage>Communities>Add New, it will appear as an option when you tag content in the backend, meaning anytime a new resource, blog, job, event, employer, or other content type is added to the platform, you’ll have the ability to tag this information to be featured on the new Community. See a screenshot below of a resources tagging section, structured from the Communities included in the backend:
In addition to influencing the tagging structure, adding Communities affects the process for signing up for alerts and becoming a subscriber. During the process of signing up for alerts, users can select different majors or topics they identify interest in and want to view more content about in the future. The options students see when selecting their preferences directly reflects the Communities published, meaning admin have full power of customizing the content students can choose to include in their automated emails. See the screenshot below, showing an example of a preferences section after Career Communities have been added to the backend:
To remove a Community from the tagging structure and preferences section, admin can either delete a Community by going to Manage>Communities, and hovering over a particular one they wish to remove to select the red “Delete” button, or there is an option to ‘hide’ a Community you’d like to keep the Community, but remove it as an option in the preferences and tagging sections.
To hide a specific Community from the tagging and preferences sections without deleting it from the backend, admin can navigate to the “Is Hidden” button, located at the bottom of every Community, under Manage>Communities. “No” is the default setting for this “Is Hidden” option, but admin can choose to hide a Community from appearing by selecting “Yes” in this dropdown.
Follow the steps below to edit a specific Community’s properties:
- Navigate to Manage>Communities from the backend of your dashboard
- Search and select a specific Community you’re looking to edit
- Scroll down to the bottom of the Community’s page, and select “Yes” or “No” in the “Is Hidden?” option shown below:
For tips or questions about how to structure your tagging structure and preferences, contact firstname.lastname@example.org!
Welcome to the newest members of the uConnect community! Great things are ahead.
- Check out NC State Poole College of Management's uConnect launch announcement
- And the launch announcement for Sacred Heart University!
The following partner schools are having their uConnect birthdays (aka anniversary of platform launch, but more fun).
Happy 3rd Birthday to:
Check out articles published over the past month and get in the know!
- Save and select backend screen options
- Learn the difference between Users and People
- Create an accordion text module
- Learn about video content
- Add a new video
- What are hero videos?
- Configure a hero video
- Edit a video
- Delete a video
- April 2020 Features and Updates
- For Texas Woman’s University, A Virtual Career Center Made The Transition Online Easy
- UTSA's University Career Center Was Already Prepared To Go Virtual
- New Research From Entangled Solutions Analyzes The Career Navigation & Guidance Product Landscape
- How UConn's Career Team Streamlines Communication While Working From Home