March was bursting 💐 with new platform features! Check out March's Features & Updates for new blog content 📝, video updates 🎥 and more.
- For dynamic displays: Your Communities' dynamic feed just expanded! You can now feature not only Blogs, but Resources and Videos tagged to your Community too! To update or set your dynamic feed, navigate to Manage > Communities and select the 'Dynamic Feed' checkbox. In the dropdown menu, you can then select any combination of the three content types that you'd like to include in the vertical or horizontal format. (Note: the content for a Community's dynamic feed is sorted by publish date.)
- For magnificent menus: Interested in adding a border color to your hero navigation menu? Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll be glad to add a border color of your choosing around your menu items!
- For specializing Symplicity: If you use our Symplicity integration, we're glad to share that we now support mapping of custom categories! This means that with a few configurations, we can now auto-publish and auto-tag jobs in custom fields. You can also select to skip both blind job postings and curated job postings. Interested in learning more? Please reach out through our chat feature or by emailing email@example.com!
- For publishing positions: Our 12Twenty Job integration users can now choose to import the work authorization data type.
- For brilliant blogs: This month, we're excited to announce two brand new content partners: Jobzology and Break into Tech! To publish Blogs from these awesome content providers, it's as easy as navigating to your External Blog Library from Publish > Blogs > Import External Blogs, selecting 'Import External Blog,' adding any tags, and hitting 'Publish!'
- For SIS subscribers: If you import subscribers to your platform through SIS, we now have the option to customize your integration to use a 'find and replace' file instead of an append file that adds additional tags. This may be helpful if you have hidden Communities that students can't deselect in their preferences, themselves. You can also now opt a subscriber out of all email communications with a field addition. If you're interested in implementing either of these options, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information!
- For valuable Videos: Kaltura VideoPlayer and CareerSpots videos can now both be published to your video library from Publish > Videos by selecting 'Add New' and inserting their URL! Not only can you now add CareerSpots videos to your video library, but embedded CareerSpots videos now play within uConnect, and do not open an additional window to view the Video.
🐛 Searches that were returning no results for the Emsi Job search module have been corrected.
We love to hear from you! If you have questions about any of these updates (or anything else!), find us at email@example.com.
And in case you missed the important updates that we shared last month...
Did you know?
uConnect Academy Training is available 24/7! Simply click on the orange graduation cap in your Admin dashboard bar and use your login credentials to access our unique training modules guaranteed to get you thinking about how you can better engage students with your unique resources!