- For the Navigation Ninja: In case you missed it in the December Mid Month Memo, we're very excited to announce our newest feature: The Community Anchor Link Navigation Bar! The Navigation Bar sits directly below the header image in each of your uConnect Communities -- it should look familiar to you, as the design is the same as the Hero Navigation bar that sits below the rotating banner on your front page.
The Community Navigation Bar is meant to direct users to the various content sections on the page, show visitors up front what they can engage with on the page, and reduce time spent scrolling. This new feature will enhance your visitors user experience and help give users an idea of what to expect once they land on the page; the Navigation Bar is the first thing that users will see. It will also serve as an incentive for you to add more content without worrying about the time users will have to spend scrolling on your Communities. Once turned on, the Navigation Bar will appear on all Community pages, but any menu items that lead to sections not available on a specific page will automatically disappear.If you're interested in adding the Community Navigation Bar to your Community Pages, just enter your email address below and someone from our team will get in touch to work with you on setting it up. And if you want to see a video demonstrating how the Nav Bar works, check out the DIY section of the December Mid Month Memo!
- For the Tab Tycoon: Another new feature to get excited about: we added a tabbed content format. It looks like this:
Just reach out to us at support@gouconnect if you want to add this format to any of your pages!
- For the Blog Booster: We added another great blog for you to publish: Springboard! Springboard’s blog provides great content for readers interested in careers in data science, analytics, design, and coding. To publish content from Springboard or any of our other blog content partners, navigate to Publish > Blog in your dashboard, then select the External Blogs dropdown to access and publish posts from Springboard, Fairygodboss, The Campus Career Coach, Hospital Recruiting, Idealist, WayUp, and The Muse!
- For the People Picker: You can now choose how many people you'd like featured in your People (Mentor) widget. To set the number of your choosing, just send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For the Category Connoisseur: We've enabled category pages for Organizations. This means that we can easily create a page for you that features all of the Organizations tagged to a specific Organization Category (like industry organizations or community service groups). If you'd like a page like that created, you know where to find us... email@example.com.
🐛Squashed a bug causing the Quick Links menu to incorrectly display items
🐛Banished a bug with sticky posts not showing up on the first page of blogs when it is filtered by categories
If you have questions about any of these updates (or anything else!), hit us up at firstname.lastname@example.org.
And in case you missed these important updates we shared last month...
Did you know?
uConnect Academy Training is available 24/7! Simply click on the orange graduation cap in the admin dashboard bar and use your login credentials to access our unique training modules guaranteed to get you thinking about how you can better engage students with your unique resources!